Wednesday, November 9, 2022

Deven Bhojani talks about being ‘typecast as comedian’; says, “I am a versatile actor”

With his appearance in numerous TV shows, actor-director Deven Bhojani has carved a niche for himself. The actor is all set for his new show Yamraj Calling season 2. Ahead of the release of the show, Deven Bhojani has opened up about various aspects of his life including being typecast as a comedian.

Deven Bhojani talks about being ‘typecast as comedian’; says, “I am a versatile actor”

In a conversation with Hindustan Times, Bhojani said, “I feel I am a versatile actor and I have done a lot more than comedy. Yes, I have been typecast as a comedian but I have no regrets, I feel proud about it. There are very few people who can do comedy well. I can do other stuff as well. And, the scarcity of good comic actors got me all these roles.”

Backing his belief, Deven added, “He added, “I have also done other kinds of stuff. (For example, my character in) Tara was a gay character - a serious gay character in that era and age. Of course, humour was there but many times there were scenes that talked about his gay complexes and how he felt. How people see him and how he deals with it, how he falls in love with a man.”

Concluding his take, the actor-director said, “Gattu also had a lot of pathos hidden behind his character. Even Yamraj Calling is all about emotional scenes. There are hardly any comedy scenes that I have.”

Coming back to the second instalment of his web show, Yamraj Calling, it will be streaming on Shemaroo. The Gujarati-language web series revolves around Amar, a middle-class man. Amar struggles day and night to secure his future. However, he realises what he is missing out on in life when death approaches him.

The first season received a positive response from the audience. The second season will premiere on November 14 on the above-mentioned OTT platform.

Also Read: Brahmastra OTT version confirms Deepika Padukone as Ranbir Kapoor’s mom Amrita



from Featured Movie News | Featured Bollywood News - Bollywood Hungama https://ift.tt/kVeG9y8
https://ift.tt/EYVUhlX
Share:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Definition List

Ads Here

Contact

captain_jack_sparrow___vectorHello, my name is Jack Sparrow. I'm a 50 year old self-employed Pirate from the Caribbean.
Learn More →

Pages